Our Terms & Conditions
1. Our Contract
All bookings are made with BMS Safaris and safari Ltd. By booking a tour (Kilimanjaro Tours and Safaris) with us you agree to the booking conditions below. Your booking will be accepted by us on this basis. The services to be included in your package are those you find in your tour itinerary.
2. Deposit Requirement
You are required to pay a non-refundable deposit of 30 per cent per person per trip (camping) & 50 per cent per person per trip (lodging) for your booking to be confirmed.
3. Acceptance of Booking and Final Payments
Once we accept your booking you will receive a confirmation email. A contract will exist between us from the date we send you the confirmation email. If you book within 7 days of departure the contract will be valid when we receive your deposit.
Payment of the balance of the tour price is due on arrival in cash.
4. Your Details
In order for us to confirm your tour with BMS Safaris and Safari you must provide all requested details with the balance of the tour price. Necessary details include full name as per passport, date of birth, nationality, passport number, passport issue and expiry date and any pre-existing medical conditions (for Mount Kilimanjaro and Mount Meru treks) and special nutrition. Your booking can not be confirmed without providing us with these details.
5. Cancellation by the Traveller
If you cancel your booking cancellation fees will apply. A cancellation is only possible in written way. If you cancel a trip:
• At any time after your booking has been confirmed BMS Safaris retains 30 % (camping trips) or 50 % (lodging trips) non-refundable deposit
We advise you to sign a cancellation insurance at the time of booking which will cover cancellation fees. If you leave a tour for any reason after it has commenced, we are not obliged to make any refunds for unused services.
• 30 days or less prior to departure, we will retain 100% paid by you in connection with the booking.
6. Cancellation by BMS Safaris and Safari
We may cancel a tour at any time up to 28 days before departure. We may cancel a tour at any time prior to departure, due to terrorism, natural disasters, political instability or other external events it is not viable for us to operate the planned itinerary.
If we cancel your tour, you can either choose another departure date or alternatively receive a full refund. In circumstances where the cancellation is due to external events outside our reasonable control, refunds will be less any unrecoverable costs. We are not responsible for any incidental expenses that you may have incurred as a result of your booking including but not limited to visas, vaccinations, travel insurance excess or non-refundable flights.
7. Booking Amendments
If you wish to transfer from one tour to another you must notify us at least 50 days prior to the proposed departure date.
If you notify us less than 50 days prior to the proposed departure date the refund policy applicable to cancellations will apply.
No amendments are permitted to your booking within 7 days of departure.
The price of your tour includes:
- all accommodation as listed in the tour itinerary
- all transport as listed in the tour itinerary
- all meals and drinks as listed in the tour itinerary
- all fees as listed in the tour itinerary
- all personnel as listed in the tour itinerary
The price of your tour does not include:
- international or internal flights unless specified in the tour itinerary
- airport transfers unless specified in the tour itinerary
- meals other than those specified in the tour itinerary
- visa and passport fees
- travel insurance
- optional activities and all personal expenses